So…Umm…It’s March. How did that happen?! I’ve entered my birthday month with a 4 day (and still going) stomach bug, which accurately depicts how February went for me. I was hardly creative thanks to a total loss of motivation and my life being taken over by watching the first 4 seasons of How To Get Away With Murder! Didn’t touch this blog despite having lots of ideas to write about including, quite ironically, how I stayed motivated in January. I have no idea what happened! I’d like to think March will be a good fresh start but being sick hasn’t helped.
At least the six nations started! Lots of pub trips and so far so good for wales! Lets have a look back and maybe I’ll be surprised what I actually did do!
Beads by the Butt Load (100 day project) – Created 6 charms this month (yes I’m counting pairs as 2 individuals). Spyro is by far my fav. This brings the total up to 16/100.
Cross Stitch – Just a lil progress this month 🙂
I also worked on another painted canvas cross stitch similar to the boo I made last year! I want a little plaque to sit on my crafty table of my logo. This has been soooo much tougher! The squares were so much smaller and harder to punch and not even remotely lined up. Not finished yet but here’s some progress when I stitched down by the river on those crazy sunny days.
Doodles – Last month I started a digital doodle which I haven’t touch since the 5th of feb according to the file details! I think I got sick of looking at it (plus lack of confidence). *sigh* shading is harrrrrd! I’ve been collecting ref images on pinterest but for some reason I can’t get the motivation to sit down and actually try.
Writing – Oh okay! I’ve had this is idea for a setting and characters FOREVER but no story!!! To the point now I couldn’t stop thinking about it. So this month I finally sat down and got some words out. It feels so good to get it out of my head but now it’s out I lost some edge to work on it. At least it’s there if one day I want to return to it 🙂
- Tales of Vesperia: Still going…Like with most games I reached 24 hours and needed a break! Happens every damn time. Returned to it a few days ago and it’s been really hard to get back into. I am now at the 30+ hour mark and lost the plot with the story but things are getting interesting. That Manor of the Wicked can go do one! Those repetitive battles!
- New Super Mario Bro U Deluxe: We finished it this month with credits rolled. Don’t think we’ll go back and get all the stars. Also won’t be bothering with the Luigi expansion (sorry bud) but I found it too stressful! Haha!
- Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Finished this last year but I’ve been having an itch to play a turn based game (plus I miss my bae Rabbid Peach <3). I went back and played the challenges which I don’t think you’re supposed to do when you’re all super powered up haha. A lot of them are pretty easy but I loved being back 🙂
- Star Dew Valley: Just when I though I had burned out on star dew when I locked 50 hours back in June…It drew me back in and now I’m at 70+ hours! I reached year 3!! and got married to the lovely Abigail and adopted a piggy!
It was hard to run this month but one of my runs lasted an hour! Proud!:
- Jan: 13 runs – 54km – 6hr30min
- Feb: 9 runs – 37.2Km – 4hr19min
- Best Distance – 8.23km – 1hr00min01sec – 7:19
- Best Pace – 5.07km – 34min47sec – 6:51
Trying to read one book a month! Really making the most of the amazon 99p kindle deals. Current count: 4
- Wabi Sabi: Japanese Wisdom for a Perfectly Imperfect Life by Beth Kempton – Was a nice little read with a great message. Will leave you feeling good and wanting to visit Japan even more if you didn’t already
The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Series, Book 1) by
current count: 16
- Lady Bird – Heard a lot of great things about this film and it gave me a lot of feels! Anything about leaving home for college breaks my lil heart.
- Breakfast Club – One of the classics that I have been told I should see! Happy now?! I’ve seen it. I liked it. Lets move on.
- Darkest Hours – When I learnt the prosthetic makeup the actor went through to look like Churchill, holy crap!
- Girls Trip – Ok I get now why I am seeing Tiffany Haddish every where. What a gem.
- Life of the Party – I always get super sad when I see a film has 1-2 stars on NowTV 😦 I wuv Melissa McCarthy and thought the trailer looked good. Gave this a go and was entertained 🙂
- Ocean’s 11 – So I never knew there was an apostrophe in the title XD anyway all the films were added to NowTV and we are going to try to watch them all. For the longest time I have mixed up Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock as the same person…oops. Enjoyed it though.
Ok, so when I said I didn’t do a lot…maybe I did 🙂 This is why I am glad I’m doing this journal/round up thing! In march I’m taking part in #MarchMeetTheMaker on insta! Think I’ll do a weekly round up here and maybe go into more detail for some days! hopefully see the blog a bit more soon!