Here we are! Deep into winter and the new year! One month in and eleven to go. I said before I want to get back into blogging for myself to keep a lil journal of my creativity for the year and my goals.
A lot of my January was spent a bit ill (what’s new?) and getting used to new medication I’m on, as well as settling back into a brand new routine after ending the year with soooo much change! I’m keeping track of my arts, video games, running, books and films so here is a lil round up.
Beads by the butt load (100 day project) – My main goal this year is to make 100 beaded charms which I wrote about [here]. So far I’m off to a good start! I’ve completed 10 charms and as long as I make about 8-9 a month I should be on track. Yay!
Cross-Stitch – For Christmas I got my first big cross stitch pattern to follow! I’ve usually been against following someone else’s artwork. No judgement on anyone who does! But back when I felt more creative I would prefer to create my own designs. Yet I really wanted one lately for days when I’m not feeling too creative or down on my creativity so I can still make something. Following someone else’s pre-made design means no pressure and I still get to chill out with some stitching. My parents got me this awesome dragon design and I want to see how long it takes to create.
Doodles – I struggle so much with drawing. As a kid I LOVED it! But now…I always talk myself out of it. I’ve gone so long not sketching that I just can’t bring myself to pick up a pencil… But another habit I want to get into this year is to just try and draw a little each day.
- Tales of Vesperia: I played the demo of this YEARS a go. I never had an Xbox 360 but I played it at someones house and it haunted me! I loved the anime art style and characters. I’d never seen anything like it at the time. Super happy it was re-released for the switch this year! God I love the switch so much!! I’m 15 hours in and ooo boy the wait was worth it.
- New Super Mario Bro U Deluxe: Sorry other consoles, but the switch is my baby now! Anyway, I already played this when I bought my WiiU. It’s just a beautiful game but now I am playing it with my partner and seriously, I haven’t laughed this much in a loooong time! So much fun in co-op!
Been sat on my ass a lot and not moving much and I’d love to be able to run 10k again! Running really helps with the depression and anxiety! This month’s total:
- 13 runs – 54km – 6hr30min
- Best Distance – 5.6km – 39min24sec – 7:02
- Best Pace – 5.13km – 35min10sec – 6:51
Trying to read one book a month!
- The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation Within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Health by Emeran Mayer – To help understand my stomach issues a bit more I read this. Very science based and hard to follow at times but I took some interesting things away!
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns – Okay, this is my 2nd time reading this…If you have ever felt depressed, anxious, unfocused, sad, grieved, worthless THEN READ THIS!
Trying to watch as many films as I haven’t seen:
- It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963) – My Dad’s fav film we watched over xmas! What a classic
- Black Panther (2018) – Loved it!! A marvel film I’d happily watch again and again!
- Murder On the Orient Express (2017) – I hate crime/murder mystery/who done it dramas but ooo boy! This was so intense and the twist and turns we’re great.
- Mama Mia 2 (2018) – Urg, I wanted to like you…But I left feeling very confused. Why does this sequel exist?
- Naked Gun (1988) – One of my partners fav films which had me in stitches! I love films like this.
- Casablanca (1942) – Watched this in my film studies class but I just couldn’t remember it… What a classic! Please watch it if you haven’t!
- Get Out (2017) – I hear so many great things about this but I’m not a horror fan. However I braved it and WORTH IT! What a thought provoking fillllm! Daniel Kaluuya is just amazing.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) – I heard this didn’t do too well? I mean I’m not a huge star wars fan but I enjoy the series…And I thought this was entertaining enough.
- The Set Up (2018) – Your typical chick flick! I’m a sucker for them!
- Big Trouble In Little China (1986) – It’s a cult but damn it was not for me! Not a fan…
Okay February! Show me what you got!