Oops! I was super distracted during March with #Marchmeetthemaker. Very glad I finished it but it was a slog by the end. I’ve also spent most of April away on holybobs so haven’t had a chance to look back. But here we gooooo:
Over these past two months I really fell back in love with drawing again. #marchmeetthemaker really got me thinking about what motivates me to create. Its been so mindful to get back into it.
Beads by the Butt Load (100 day project) – Created 9 charms over these 2 months and made them into a few pieces! Sorry for the terrible photo quality but there will be better photos taken soon for the insta! Current total: 26/100
Cross Stitch: Top half of the dragon is all done minus the outlines. Working through the boring ass border and it’ll be time to move onto the 2nd half!
Doodles: Working through the March Meet the Maker prompts made me realise how much I’ve missed drawing and to stop being so scared to pick up a pencil and to draw just for me & not likes! I’ve been trying to fill the rest of my sketch book with as much colour as I can and loving it. Taking the idea of sharing everything out of the equation really helped, and I wasn’t ever going to share anything but I want to keep a log of some of my favs 🙂
- Tales of Vesperia (completed): I did it! After 70 long hours I finished it! As my first intro into the tales of series I really did enjoy it. And after playing the demo 10 years ago, I think it was worth the wait to play it on a switch!
- Farcry 5: The far cry series is one of my all time favs! A good mindless, often silly, offline shooter. The villains are always great and I love exploring the worlds. I was really worried about all the changes they’d implemented into this entry such as removing the radio towers, mini map and completely changing the level system. No more experience points but your actions have an impact on the story with the boss rep bar. I thought it was a fresh look into how to progress in a game and I enjoyed it.
- Grim Fandango (completed): Well the guide was a good read… I don’t know if I should put this under the reading list instead! Almost every. single. damn. puzzle. in this game I could not figure out and boooooy did I feel stupid. But that aside I loved the premise of the story and fell in love with the characters!
Running: I can really see myself slacking with running with a big decline in progress. Think I need a reset and get back into it for the rest of this month Monthly totals:
- Jan: 13 runs – 54km – 6hr30min
- Feb: 9 runs – 37.2Km – 4hr19min
- Mar: 6 runs – 35.1km – 3hr47min
- Apr: 5 runs – 21.29km – 2hr06min
Best distance: 22/2/19 – 8.23km – 1hr00min04sec – pace 7:19
Best Pace: 23/1/19 – 5.13km – 35min10sec – pace 6:51
Books: Current count: 7
- On the Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher
Karamo: My Story of Embracing Purpose, Healing and Hope by Karamo Brown
Films: current count: 20
- Deadpool 2
- Captain Marvel
- Tales of Vesperia: The first strike
May: We are already half way through the month but I’m glad I’m still making an effort to write these lil catch ups for myself, like I’ve really noticed how much I’ve declined in efforts to run and my progress in loving doodles again. I’ve made myself a new habit tracker to try and stay creative. Lets go for the rest of May!